Research has shown that school uniforms assist in controlling the environment in public schools, help to facilitate and maintain an effective learning environment and keep the focus of the classroom on learning.
- Increase school safety by assisting school staff in identifying intruders
- Create an atmosphere of teamwork and promote school spirit
- Positively affect classroom discipline
- Eliminate morning stress for parents and students in deciding what to wear
- Positively influence a school's image in the community
- Act as a social equalizer and reduce peer pressure
- Eliminate the financial pressure on parents to buy their children costly new clothing to comply with changing fashion trends